Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Roni Horn

Roni Horn... I really like how she can take something as simple as running river water and use it as a metaphor for the rest of her photographs. I like how she uses that one element that inspired her for other aspects of her photography. Looking at her work it was almost crazy to think that they were actually photographs and not pictures (her water images). She takes a more metaphorical route to her work and in my opinion is a lot different than the artists we've seen in the past. In a sense her work reminds me of the painter Degas because he liked to paint people in motion. Clearly they are from two different times and have different concentrations but when I first saw her work I immediately began thinking of him. I also liked how she could make a picture seem so different just by taking them a few seconds apart. It goes to show all artists are different and that no two works are ever completely alike.

A portait of hers i liked because it didn't have to be something over the top. It was simple yet beautiful.

No comments: