Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sally Mann

Personally I find Sally Mann's work to be my favorite. I like the fact that she has stuck to using old fashion style cameras and has made it work to her advantage. I think pictures nowadays are becoming too digitalized and her work is straight. Of course she has to take quite a few to capture the image she wants, but the art of her pictures are beautiful. I found what she said all of her images have to be "peculiar, if not why bother shooting?" Anyone can take a picture it's just magic when you find something and make it work. Black and white pictures are so natural and it's crazy to see how she was able to get the lighting and settings just right to work with her. I think her work is a lot different than any of the work we have seen before. You can tell she is a very down to earth type of person and it comes out in her pictures. She doesn't need the crazy city lights or life to take amazing pictures. She is able to find her works of art right in there in nature with people and objects. Who knew that a picture of a dog bone could loook as amazing as she shot it. Her dedication to her work shows in her images, and you can tell she lives for capturing that one perfect picture because she will do it over and over again if she has to. The quality of her work is something I think that will help her always be remembered.




No comments: